Friday, May 7, 2021

Homeward Bound








 Today we hit the road to home, and because we’re the Ackerman’s, we did it all. First stop: Madison Wisconsin, which people say is a lot like Ann Arbor. Nah, it’s much cooler. And colder, especially on the windy lake where we played on a playground.

Then we stopped for ice cream outside of Chicago. Then we tacked on another National Park: Indiana Dunes. Maggie sure loves the sand! 

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping, cleaning, going to the grocery store and unpacking. I’m looking forward to spending time with our neighbors, reuniting with our cat Abby, and starting our garden. It’ll also be good to get back into the habits of running and yoga, and to see my church family again. This has been the trip of a lifetime, and as much as I’m thankful for all the places and people we got to see, I’m also thankful for the home we return to.

5 comments: